Single Stream Recycling
It’s easy to Single Stream Recycle! Simply toss the accepted recycling items into your recycling cart (gray cart with green lid) and set it out at the curb the night before your recycling collection day.
View Cart Placement Guidelines for safe and efficient access to the recycling cart.
Print a copy of our CHITTY Garbage Single Stream Recycling Guide. It’s the same as the sticker on top of the cart.
All Single Stream Recyclables are collected and taken to MidAmerica Recycling of Des Moines IA where it is mechanically processed and manually sorted to sell for reuse.
- Newspaper (include inserts), Mixed paper (including junk mail, phone books, magazines), Cardboard (break down and cut to fit into cart)
- Plastic Containers – PLEASE RINSE OUT (necked bottles, margarine tubs and yogurt containers – NO LIDS)
- Glass Containers – GLASS JARS & BOTTLES (all colors) – PLEASE RINSE OUT
- Tin / Aluminum Cans – no need to remove labels – PLEASE RINSE OUT
Items that cannot be recycled
- Garbage, Yard Waste, Containers that previously contained hazardous materials (such as motor oil or paint)
- Paper contaminated with food
- Lids from glass jars
- Aluminum foil
- Plastic bags
- Paper towels, tissues, napkins, toilet paper
- Electronics or anything not listed in the above ‘acceptable item list’
WHEN IN DOUBT – TOSS IT OUT!